Tag Archives: Culinary Event
- Best | Chicago | Chicago metropolitan area | Chicago. Culture | Christmas | Culinary Event | Dinner | Event | Food | Foodies | Latino | Latinos | LaVitaminaT | Mexican | Mexican cuisine | Mexican Food | Mexicanos | Mexico | Navidad | Posada | Restaurant | Restaurantes | restaurants | Vitamin T | Vitamina T | VitaminaT | VitaminT
- Leave a comment
France has invited the entire world to a savory journey: on March 19th, 2015, more than one thousand restaurants around the world will join in to celebrate France’s gastronomy.
Organized by world renowned Alain Ducasse and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, Goût de France was inspired by the iconic Auguste Escoffier, who in 1912 launched “Dîners d’Épicure” (Epicurean Dinners) – featuring a menu which was aimed at being served the same day in as many cities as possible.
Eateries around the world, from haute-cuisine restaurants to bistros, were invited to apply to participate by proposing a menu that showcased France’s culinary traditions. Winners were selected by a committee lead by Ducass himself.
All winning menus render homage to a vibrant, open and innovative cuisine, while remaining true to its values of sharing, pleasure, respect for good food, and for the planet. There are 24 participating restaurants in the US, from LA to NY and 43 in Mexico.
Our dear José Bossuet is among these 43, with his Café Contento, being the only eatery participating in this event in San Miguel de Allende.
Bossuet has appointed La Vitamina T´s very own Aldo Saavedra to be part of the event. Here is the menu he will be serving.
Foie Gras and Cactus Terrin, Hibiscus Royal Kir
- Zucchini Blossom and Roquefort Quesadilla
- Provençale-Style Red Snapper, Cilantro Green Rice
- Beef Medallions, Watermelon Au Jus
- Local “Corazón de Plata” goat cheese
- Chocolate, fennel and grilled mango tart with coconut foam
If you are in Guanajuato, you are in luck and we are very jealous (we will be at an event in Miami where NO restaurants have won their entry to this worldwide event. Ahhhhh!)
All participating restaurants are now present on www.good-france.com website. You may book directly at the restaurant of your choice.