This is one of my favorite souvenirs to our trip to Valle de Guadalupe in Septembter.
Yields 4 cups
- 5 pieces avocado (Hass)
- 1 cup of brunoise Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of white onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of Serrano fresh chili
- 2 tbs of cilantro finely chopped
- 4 tbs of lime juice
- Salt t.t.
- 1/2 cup of table grapes cut in half
- 1/3 cup of fresh ranchero cheese
- In a bowl add the mashed avocado pulp, and mix the tomato, onion, chili, lime juice and salt.
- Add ranchero cheese and grapes on top.
- Enjoy with fresh corn tortilla or tortilla chips.
- Pair with Rosayoff, Bibayoff
Celebrated Mexican chef José Bossuet Martinez, former Executive Chef of Mexican ex-president Vicente Fox, is member of the world’s most prestigious association “Le Club des Chefs des Chefs”, which exclusive membership is reserved for those who are personal chefs of heads of state.
Today, chef Bossuet treats lucky patrons ´like kings´ at Lozhka Bistrot in Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California and Café Contento in Guanajuato. José Bossuet is an author, an educator and an extraordinary representative of Mexican gastronomy. Beyond that, he is a proud showcase of Mexico’s ingenuity, its entrepreneurship, its heart and its undeniable talent.
- October 15, 2014Nuestra Mesa - Receta para Hacer Pan de Muerto(4) Comments
- October 5, 2014Death is a Party: El Día de Muertos(7) Comments
- September 8, 2014Comida de Ángeles: Buñuelos de Requesón(3) Comments
- August 25, 2014Estampas de Mi Ciudad - The Ubiquitous Street Quesadilla Stand(0) Comments
- August 25, 2014Quesadilla: More than Cheese Meets the Tortilla(3) Comments
- August 21, 2014Priest, Peasant, Pop Icon: Pulque(0) Comments
- August 18, 2014Pilsen y su Calle 18: Una Puerta Dimensional a México en Chicago(0) Comments
- August 11, 2014Estampas de Mi Ciudad - If Life Gives you a Cactus, Make Salsa(2) Comments
- August 4, 2014Nuestra Mesa - De Ángeles y Guerreros: Chiles En Nogada(6) Comments
- July 29, 2014Estampas de Mi Ciudad - Nieve de Sabores (The Many Flavors of 'Snow' )(2) Comments