Horchata, a delicious Mexican rice drink is one of my favorite beverages. Chef, Jonathan Zaragoza, surprised us with a cocktail inspired in this drink. This is definitely horchata for adults.
- 8 cups of water, divided
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 stick of Mexican cinnamon
- ½ cup of sugar, or to taste
- ½ cup Jim Beam Hardcore Cider
Working in batches, combine the rice, cinnamon and 4 cups of water in a blender, pulsing to grind the rice and cinnamon. Transfer the rice/cinnamon mixture to a bowl and add remaining 4 cups of water. Soak overnight. Puree the rice mixture, again and strain through a fine meshed strainer or cheesecloth. Mix in sugar and Jim Beam Hardcore Cider and chill. Serve over ice with a cinnamon stick as garnish.
A Chicago native, Zaragoza taps into his Jalisco roots to bring to life Mexican-inspired dishes with a creative twist. This recipe is the second of a series.
Originally published on 6/16/2014La Vitamina T was invited to an event sponsored by Red Stag by Jim Beam® Hardcore Cider and received free samples of food, pairings and product. The decision to write this review, as well as all opinions, are our own.
- bebidas | beverages | bourbon | Chicago | cider | DIY | Drinks | flavored bourbon | Food | Foodie | Foodies | Horchata | Jonathan Zaragoza | Latino | Latinos | Libations | Lime | Mexican | Mexican Food | mixology | Recetas | Recipes | Red Stag | Salud | Vitamin T | Vitamina T | VitaminaT | VitaminT | World
- [ 4 ] Comments
- April 13, 2017Para esta #Cuaresma: Escabeche de Camarón Estilo San Felipe(0) Comments
- March 15, 2017Leyendas, Manjares, Gigantes y Otros Tesoros Tampiqueños(0) Comments
- March 6, 2017Johnsonville "Sparks the Season" at the Chicago Polar Plunge with Grillmaster for a Day, Brian Urlacher(0) Comments
- February 11, 2017Flan de Queso Cotija con Salsa de Piloncillo y Mezcal #Receta(2) Comments
- February 1, 2017¡Feliz Día de la Candelaria! La Historia Detrás de La Tradición(0) Comments
- February 1, 2017You say "Pigskin", I think "Chicharrón" - A Quick and Delicious Snack for the #BigGame(1) Comments
- January 4, 2017Rosca de Reyes - A Slice of Gospel and Tradition(2) Comments
- December 20, 2016Nuestra Mesa - Recetas Típicas Navideñas: Ensalada de Manzana(2) Comments
- December 8, 2016El Ponche Navideño, Deliciosa Tradición(1) Comments
- December 1, 2016"Los Juanchos", Leyendas Locales Hechas Pan(0) Comments